Electronic Engineering Schematics
Analog Op-Amp Circuits
Operational Amplifiers :
Here are basic opamp configurations that have also been made
into Interactive Tutorials. These circuits like Inverting Amp,
Non-Inverting Amp and Instrumentation Amp are Building Blocks.
With a few Op-Amps and a regulated Power supply, many
Instrumentation and Process control equipment can be designed.
The Human Brain understands Numbers, Quantity and it regulation
very well ! On the right you can see a analog controller based
on opamps and discrete devices. A Heater, Fan and Motor is
regulated, controlled and timed for a process.
Polarity Analog Output Op-Amps
Analog is about numbers, the circuits can be understood and
designed mathematically or empirically. Designing and Building a
True RMS Rectifier with Op-Amps, will help a designer digest
many Op-Amp capabilities.
Things you ought to know about Op-Amps -
OpAmp part numbers from various semiconductor companies are
designed for both General purpose and special applications. Some
have to be cost-effective for consumer low-cost equipment, while
others may be advanced in specs, closing in on an ideal Op-Amp.
CA3140 and CA3130 Special Opamps
Instrumentation opamps are used for accurate and low drift
applications. These Op-Amps have stringent specifications and
are used in the fields like Aerospace or Medical Electronics. A
pre-amplifier for an FM Radio may need to be low-priced. Test
Measurement needs Op-Amps which have near ideal specs in the
area of measurement or application. CMOS low-power devices are
used when designs are made for portable gadgets.
- Outputs cannot be Loaded beyond the drive capacities, Note
Resistors and Output Load.
- Inputs draw a small bias current and will load the signal
sources, compensate design.
- Op-Ams AF-RF or Switching performance study with Slew rate
- Power consumption of some Op-Amps are more and some very
less, choose wisely.
- Look for Standard Pin-Outs, Price, Popularity and study
Abs. Max, AC and DC Specs.
- Use Packages with multiple Op-Amps like LM324 to save
board space and assembly time.
- Op-Amps and its 1% MFR resistors should have a separate
supply and far from hot parts.
- Ultra Low Offset Voltage is required, when you wish to
amplify a DC level of say 500uV.
- Guard rings to be used for High impedance inputs and
EMI-RFI Shielding for AF Amplifiers.
- Glass epoxy PCB, clean surface, Pins and Tracks protected
from Moisture and Chemicals.
- Avoid Ground Loops, Have regulated Low ripple Power
supplies. Dynamic Isolation.
20th Mar 2020